Monday, August 10, 2015

MnD - Effect of dodge (2015/08/09)

Dodge is always a myth in game, whether it reduces physical damage by a fixed percentage or is a percentage chance to ignore physical damage. Time to find out.

My test subject is Alash and his squad

Approach
- Min. damage per hit: 10hp
- Total damage to Alash and squad / 10 = # hits by enemy
- If dodge is a chance to ignore damage, # hits by enemy should reduce when dodge rate increases
- If dodge is a damage reduction, # hits will not change when dodge increases since min damage is 10hp in all situation

The result is as follow:

It is ration obvious that the increase of dodge reduces damage received, which means that # hits are reduced. I  would say this suits the hypothesis that dodge is a chance to ignore damage.

One very simple prove of my hypothesis is about Mist. When Mist applies, units have increased dodge and ... they take no damages inside the mist. So it's definitely not a simple reduction.

The new hero Achilles also support this idea, stating in his skill that if an attack is missed, his next strike will not be missed. If it is a reduction, Triniti will not used the word"missed" on Achilles's skill, right?

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could have gotten a screen shot but earlier today my leonidas was turned into a sheep by himself and I could clearly see as a squad of mages were hitting him that it would frequently show a MISSED! message above the sheep until he died.

    PS: he had no smoke and I have him at 56 dodge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hm...thats new to me. Will this be a bug?

      Delete
    2. I saw this dodging sheep recently too. My archers were polymorphed but all attacks on them missed...

      Delete
    3. Laggt, they finally fix the dodging sheep. Its officially real.

      Delete